Jan 29, 2011

A Mother, like no other.

The damp folds of your saree
The onion smell in your hands
The dishevelled strands of your hair
And to add to that, my mother,
You give me comfort like no other...

You scold me many a times
And feel bad when I answer back
You wait for me to apologise,
And then we both end up crying,
Comforting each other, like no other...

Expectations that you have from me,
Which you hesitate to express,
Which I often pretend I do not know
But nontheless they tend to grow
Into love for you mother, a love like no other...

We do not talk for weeks,
But we think of each other's cheeks
And I remember you kissed me once,
When I was in the deep of sleep
That touch would quell my shudder, in a way, like no other.

You would work day and night,
Saying your ankle, your back's not right,
I would feel like the worst of daughters
To not be able to share the blight
But you fed us both, me and my brother, everyday, like no one other..

No comments:

Post a Comment