Dec 21, 2010

Dadaji is my Computer student

My very resourceful dadaji wants to add another talent to his kitty.  And it is using computer this time.  He is an advocate, and has been doing everything on paper all this while.  He has a very old and, believe me, utttterly heavy typewriter on which he types his powerful words.  But times are changing and he wants to go along.  So I have something meaningful to keep me occupied now. :)

I have prepared a step by step syllabus, which we hope to cover within the next 20 days, spending about one hour each day.
  •  Switching computer on and off.
  •  Being able to move the mouse at will (I have thought of creating a mock folder with many mock files for him to practise moving and clicking...getting used to left and right clicks, double clicks, and dragging).
  • Opening new folder/word file, Naming, Saving, Searching and Deleting them. And making them password-protected.
  • Typing Letters in Ms-Word :  Margins, Paragraphs, Bullets, Underline, Bold, Italic, Alignment.
  • Searching information on Internet.
  • Bringing information from Internet to Computer.
  • Taking files on the pendrive, and running anti-virus on it.
  • Receiving and Sending e-mails, with file attachments.

I will feel very good if we are successful in our endeavour.  Any useful suggestions are welcome. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment