May 14, 2013

To Mumbai

Yeah! Another mouth for the city to feed.  But I am probably one of luckiest people here. With not just a roof over my head, but with a spacious room to myself, with privacy, with loving people around and some really lively pets!

To avoid making this post like a journal, I would just mention things that I felt since arriving in Mumbai, and joining Work.


1.  I miss MICA terribly


Every night, I sit with my facebook open, and go over and over all my photographs and recall all the trivial things that are cocooned safely in those pictures - my friends, the jokes, the adventures, the silliness, the honesty, the love, the freedom, and what not.

MICA! Sigh! I wish to make a confession here. Although it would have suited more in the year-end Testimonial section, but Kirti and Kshama! - I became your friend (and I like to think - a close friend) only at the end of 'the-last-but-one' trimester of MICA.  Have spent probably, what, - 4 months with you girls?  But those four months have been more memorable than all the rest of the time at MICA.  And thank God, for it ended this way.  Kirti and Kshama! My face lights up at the slightest thought of you girls.  And this is like very important.  (I am only able to say this for just two other friends of mine, girls by the name 'Jyothi Shekhawat' and 'Tabitha' from Hyderabad.)

If MICA was a dream, I would never wake up.  If MICA was liquor, I would die drinking.  If MICA was an ocean, I would never learn to swim, and jump right in.  :P :P too much madness happening.  But I really really miss it!


2.  I can live post-MICA

Well, I have mentioned post-MICA as if it was a malignant cancer! Lol. But true! I am happy and content.  Just that life isn't all that happening in the same way as it is in 'Amaltas' > MICA > Shela.  But hopefully this will change, with Kirti madam gracing Mumbai with her phataka presence.  Thing is I have never felt such longing for anyone.  And I am afraid, as to what happened to me! Me - the Silky who could live all alone, on her own, without the slightest need of any life - man, woman, animals (more on that follows).

One thing that has helped is staying with 20 other living beings under a single roof (lemme count just for the heck of it!)
3 Guinea Pigs + 1 Fish + 3 Turtles + 2 Tortoise + 1 boy + 1 girl + 1 aunt + 1 dog + 2 Squirrels + 1 infant + 2 married people + 2 grand-parents! (Whoooh! - 20 it is!)

What I don't ever want to miss in this life post-MICA is the regular dose of fun.  I wish to do more and more, much more - see new places, watch movies, do adventures, drink, eat, and yes, be safe as well while doing all of this.  And yes, I need company for the fun, because How else to Feel the Fun, if there's no one to Share it with!?  I hope I find company in this maniacle, crowded, metropolis; for the things that life has to offer.


3.  Work can be Fun too

I have no hesitation in saying that I do like my work profile in my company.  Though it does get irritating at times, with so many jargons and google search dependency every few minutes, all said and done, it is related to something, which in the bigger picture, I can go on doing for the remaining working years of my life.


4.  I need to Keep up with myself

I need to join some classes soon!  That would make me feel happier and more enthusiastic.  Dance classes, Music classes, anything would do.  Painting! Oh yes, I need to paint often. One painting a Month? Too ambitious, I guess. I also want to learn a Two-Wheeler! Being able to ride a Bike would be a dream!!!!!!  But for now, even confident driving of a car, which I already have learnt, is challenging. I hope this changes soon! God, hello, you, listening!? I wish to ride a Bike on my own! How Awesome would it be!


Aah that's all for now. I am sleepy and tired! But felt good to write something after a quite looong time. Thanks Google, like most other things, I owe even this one to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment