Aug 4, 2010

Late to bed

Until just a month ago, I was a staunch believer in the 'early to bed-early to rise' principle.  But the nocturnal creature inside me was destined to leap out one day, and I must tell you that there are very thin chances of it going back inside; unless of course the hypochondriac in me arrives with rumours of absolutely abnormal and malicious changes in my body rythm.  What a stupid thing to say. But then who is going to read this anyway. Ahh. Such freedom in writing inanities on your blog; sitting in your bed, late at night, enjoying the cool peaceful breeze from the window and filling the web with yet another spam, which will do little but sprout here and there as a misdirected link to somebody searching for something really important.  I am loving it, the night.   I have heard that godly spirits are active in the day time and devil spirits in the nights! Such a cruel thing to say!  I am by no means a devil, even quite godly by nature. Nights have been dealt a very raw deal. Anybody who has experienced it will agree that it is so calm, serene and peaceful. For me the period post 21:00 hrs has turned out to be such a bliss.  The time hangs still, it is just me and my pastimes - the net, some interesting book and a refrigerator just within reach, which thanks to my grandparents always offers something nice to eat.  Everyday I look forward to the night, my daily period of absolute joy and freedom.  There's no urgency of any sort, least of all of sleeping.  You don't have a meal time hanging over you, or a guest knocking on the door at this time of day.  You can just sit back and enjoy yourself.  You can dream, reflect and plan.  You can step outside yourself and watch as you go about life. You can walk to the verandah or sit by the window and look into the dark. What a luxury! Thank God, there are no war planes overhead and you don't have to fear being bombed. India has certainly afforded us this one great freedom. And I wish to experience this luxury each night of my life in this country.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love it. and I completely love the calmness of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, here, someone's encouraging me.

    ReplyDelete