Dec 15, 2011

Selfishness is not one of the 7 deadly sins

I am beginning to be selfisher
And loving it all the same
I do not wish to give up my
Hard earned opportunity game

Why should I be generous
Isn't that an inflated virtue
Why should I go around
Helping people through and through

People usually try to appeal
Your moral values they question
To help others they say
Is a beneficial obsession

I am obsessed only with
Walking towards my dream
I wasn't sent on this earth
To ignore that lighthouse beam

Everyone is supposed to
Play their respective roles
Runners do not stop to
Quicken a fellow runner's strolls

A Samaritan I definitely am
But before and after the race
While I am running on the track
I look not at a needy face

4 comments:

  1. Survival of the fittest. That is true in this world. But what makes humans special is we can override that natural programming and help our fellow men. You dont have to go out of your way to do good. The world is simply as good or as bad as we think of it. People are not bad, they are tired, they complain. Let not the materialism in the world affect you. What makes some people stand out if that they simply refuse to comform to such notions of as every man for himself.

    Humanity is all about living for others. When one does not expect anything in return only then is one truly generous. But this is so very tough to live by.

    Bottomline we are all selfish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not agree. Silky ji, minding one's own business and not bothering about others is not selfishness, it is self centredness, when you take advantage or help from other pepal and then forget them that is selfishness. Both are bad.

    Aapko kya ho gayaji? Your artciles have undergon an big chnage. Philosopy seem all went oppsite side now. Inflated virtue never is, ego is inflate. Ego is wrong bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From a juggler of emotions to a preacher of practical value. Maybe MBA is shaping u well.

    so happy to see 'The other side'.

    and ur fan above doesn't seem to like it..beware lady.

    A very happy holidays, enjoy them .

    A very happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you 'someone'! And thanks, 'Anonymous', all the same. :)

    ReplyDelete