Apr 2, 2011

Familiarity

The routine of opening and closing the eyes
watching the same ceiling greet you twice
Knowing the time of the day
by the smell of the air on its way
The sound of the old fan
the imprints of a daily tan
The same weight of the glass of water
the taste being not a little salter
The same few paces between the walls
the square window and the bird calls
The clothesline just as strong
to the blackened nails they still belong
The switches and wires ever loyal
your entertainment plans they never foil
The picture frames locked in place
the same walls they continue to grace
All these and so much more
Familiar to your deepest core.

4 comments:

  1. Nice, reminds me of my hostel room. But you seriously need to get out of your home more often. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abhishek agarwalApril 04, 2011

    You are home at last ........:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. finally....I have regular visitors on my blog
    PHEW~

    ReplyDelete
  4. During my short stint at Internet Marketing I learned that the main reason behind a successful blog is the ability to hold on to your readers. It is not about having large number of readers coming for a single visit, but making a small number of them come back again and again.
    You succeeded in what I failed. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete